1. Always run with at least one other person. Ideally, we want three runners together at all time in case someone gets hurt (i.e. one athlete stays with the injured athlete while the third athlete goes and gets help). It is safer and more fun!
2. Be a defensive runner
3. Use sidewalks and paths whenever possible
4. If you must run on the road, run on the left side so you are running against traffic
5. Be proactive with traffic especially at intersections. Wait for the light and use the cross walk.
6. Don’t talk to strangers
7. Be respectful of private and public property